Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I love these boys!


We picked up Steve for a 24 hour visit and he is the greatest kid ever. I am not amazed that Douwe is so wonderful because he has the kind of life any toddler would dream of having. But Steve has the hardest life of anyone I know and yet he is so personable and adds so much zest and enthusiasm to our household when he is in it. Douwe absolutely adores him and they share the same sense of humor. I'm really, really glad we are given permission by Steve's mom to have a visit with him once a month. It is always a special time, and a chance to remind him that he is a wonderful person and to hear him recount some of the vivid memories he has of his first weeks in our house five years ago. It is not sappy or sentimental, but true to say that he is one of my favorite people I have ever known.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

And you and Jeff have made such an impact on his life, glad to hear you continue to do so. What a witness of God's love your family is!