Monday, June 7, 2010

10 years





Well I just enjoyed the tenth year of an annual weekend with a group of women who went to Calvin College with me. Although most of us graduated in 1997, we did not start this up until 2001. A few of the girlfriends I have known since high school days. I value this event more every year, as I come to realize that we each have our own identity but we share many common experiences over the years.

We traditionally spend the whole weekend sitting around on a patio and chatting over many beverages and snacks, but over the years a few special "activities" have been added, such as pedicures, in-house massage, golfing, and a boat excursion. Every year I laugh more and laugh harder, and I don't think it is because we are funnier, it is just because each year I have mellowed out even more and am able to enjoy the group and the canon of stories that are retold each year.






No comments: