Thursday, February 11, 2010

Three Floyds

At my husband's request I have refreshed the link on this blog that will direct you to the Three Floyds website Jeff and I stopped at their brewpub for a beer and a sandwich last night and he reminded me that many people around the country would kill for the opportunity to drive a mere three miles to the source for a draft of Dreadnaught. That was to encourage me to down the last few swallows of such a rich and potent brew.

We were pleased to see the pub's menu has been revised with some interesting new dishes, and that they are now open on Mondays. They are also lobbying for being exempt (as wineries are) from the state law that bans retail sales of alcohol on Sunday, since many weekend customers have come from a long distance and want to take some product home. And Jeff is aspiring to actually get a place in line this April for his first taste of the treasure that is sold from the loading dock only once a year on Dark Lord day.

Humans are so creative! When I look over a very, very long list of so many different beverages concocted from fermented plant parts, I just feel glad to be in the presence of people who are wholeheartedly doing what they love and doing it well. Wouldn't it be great if everyone could find their own niche of passion and talent like the Floyd family certainly has.

No comments: