Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wedding festivities

My youngest sister got married this month . . hard to believe she is old enough for that, but time marches on. My first year of teaching after college she was a sixth grade student in my classroom and so I guess I've been out of college for a while now.
There have been a lot of family milestones to celebrate so far this year. My grandma's 90th birthday, my parents 40th anniversary, Zach's college graduation, Abby's grad school graduation, Abby's profession of faith, Dave and Abby's wedding, and three other first cousins who did or will be getting married this year.
Abby has been living in Kalamazoo the last couple of years, so we had her bachelorette party in Kzoo. It was a lot of fun and a great mix of sisters, cousins, high school, college and K-zoo friends of Abby's. We had a beautiful spot in the Loft of the Wine loft and everybody was dressed for a night on the town.


The following week we had rehearsal night, followed by the wedding. . It was beautiful setting and weather for a summer wedding at Meyer's Castle. Everything was perfect and a great time was had by all. .



No comments: