Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Surprise

When Jeff asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, I told him, "just help Douwe have fun making something special for his mom."
We had gotten a Berenstain Bears book from the library a few weeks ago that was called Mother's Day surprise, so Douwe was all about telling me to stay in bed that morning and he and his dad would sneak out and make something, just like the Berenstain bears.
Well I got breakfast in bed along with a very special surprise: a Gumdrop Garden cake. I have never attempted to make a fancy cake, just too intimidated, but Jeff is a natural. Douwe was very excited to surprise me with this treat.

2 comments:

Emily said...

awesome! such a cute pic of Douwe!

Melissa said...

Awww! That is so cute! The best kind of presents to get are the ones made in love!