Sunday, March 27, 2011

75

Spent most of the sunshine hours today on Interstate 75, to get from Clearwater area to Miami Beach. Dropped off our car at the airport and then a very slow taxi ride to the beach. LIttle did we know that the area was swarming with Ultra Music Festival goers and they were partying hard whereever they could on this hot weekend afternoon.

When we checked into the hotel, Jeff and Douwe headed straight for the pool while I unpacked. Then I made my way down to the pool area and my first impression was: we are out of our element! There was a bouncer at the door from the lobby hallway to the pool, telling people to cover their bodies up when they came in, and then when I got outside the first pool area I saw was packed with model-type people dancing and shaking it to very loud music. I had stumbled upon the 21-and-over Wet Kitty Pool Party at Arkadia Pool and Lounge and I just stood there with my mouth open for a while, wondering how me and Douwe were going to do at this resort for the next three days. There were security people about every 10 feet and the women all had dark tans and skinny legs and big chests and waist length hair. The pool was probably half vodka and it was only 4 pm.

I eventually wound my way through the poolscape and found the kids pool that was tucked away behind one of the hotel towers, in the shade and very far away from the dance party. Much quieter and the women looked more normal shaped as I am used to seeing them in everyday life.

The whole pool area was huge and separated by different pools and cabana rooms and levels and it was pretty amazing to explore around. I guess it was all redone a couple years ago. . .it was very luxurious looking.

Coming through the lobby for dinner, we saw a huge line of people all dressed up waiting in line for something, and Jeff found out that was the entrance to a popular nightclub called LIV and supposedly 50 Cent was in the house. So, basically, I did not do my research before arriving at this FontaineBleau place. I forgot to pack my "socialite" clothes and size 0 figure.

But this is still the weekend, so I'm sure the next couple of days will have a very different feel around her.

1 comment:

Emily said...

no way. what are the chances.