Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Wedding



We had a special weekend in September to celebrate a friend's wedding. It was a fun summer with several parties in honor of Kristin and John's upcoming marriage and the wedding celebration was downtown Chicago. Many college friends attended and it was fun to have an occasion for getting all dressed up.


I took a bit of a risk and decided to make myself a cocktail dress to wear. I don't sew (except for one matching shorts/tank top outfit in eighth grade, but my Mom and friend Kris are experienced, so I figured if I got stuck I could scrap the project or get their help. They did help with the fittings and the hemming. It turned out nice, but took way more time than I expected. I was still hand stitching a few parts the day before and I would be embarrassed to know how many actual hours it took. But it was fun and a sense of accomplishment!



The wedding day was mild and sunny and my parents went also, so we all drove together to the wedding and reception, then Jeff and I stayed overnight in the city. The bride was absolutely stunning, the ceremony and reception were amazing, and a great time was had by all!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the dress! Good job, I'm very impressed!